Monday 12 April 2010

Springers Running the River

Hi all, I have been off the scene for a few days down in Wales for the AAPGAI biannual assessments, workshops and demonstrations which were once again a roaring success with 9 candidates attaining their qualifications, in all three catagories, which included Trout, Salmon and Fly Dressing disciplines, with 3 successful Provisional members, 5 Advanced members and one Master which is our highest qualification. If anyone is interested in becoming an AAPGAI instructor, then further details can be viewed by clicking here.

Whilst I was away, several Spring Salmon were spotted running the river with a few fish being caught. This is normally the case when I go away and not entirely unexpected as we did have a rise of water just before I left, and just to top it off I received the usual phone call to tell me I should be on the river. "Typical".

The weather remains unpredictable with one day being quite warm and the next turning back to winter again, but one of my regular anglers, Fay, did manage to catch her first Brown Trout of the season all be it a small one.